Five Things to Remember When Renting Military Self Storage
Moving a lot comes with the territory for military families. In fact, military families relocate 10 times more often than civilian families; an average of once every 2 or 3 years. That kind of moving around can take a toll, but fortunately, there are ways to help reduce the stress and chaos that comes with frequent moves, and one of the best ways is to take advantage of military self-storage in Lawton.
After all, if you’re stationed at one of our nearby military bases, then your home is here… but you never know when you’re going to get deployed. And if you do, you’ll need someplace to keep your stuff while you’re away! Someplace that will keep everything safe and secure, so that it’s all ready and waiting for you when you get back. That’s where military self-storage in Lawton can help. Here’s five things to keep in mind when you’re looking for self-storage options:
- Climate-controlled: If you’re storing furniture, paperwork, electronics, or anything else that could be damaged by humidity or fluctuating temperatures, then it’s a good idea to consider climate-controlled self-storage. Your friendly self-storage team at Storage ‘R’ Us can help you to determine what storage solutions are right for your needs.
- Only get what you need: It can be tough to estimate exactly how much storage space you’ll need, and you don’t want to rent a storage unit that’s too small, or pay for one that’s just going to sit half-full. Luckily, our handy storage calculator can help take the guesswork out of your storage unit shopping.
- Auto storage: Most of the time when we’re thinking of self-storage, we’re thinking of items from around the house, but auto storage can also be a great solution for men and women in military service who’re being deployed overseas. Auto storage in Lawton from Storage ‘R’ Us can help keep your car safe from the elements, so it’s ready to drive when you get back.
- Make moving in a snap: If you’re deploying on short notice, you probably won’t have a lot of time to get everything packed and into a storage facility. Fortunately, moving into your storage unit at Storage ‘R’ Us is easy, with free use of on-site storage carts and moving supplies available from our offices, not to mention the fact that we’re Oklahoma’s largest PENSKE truck rental representative.
- Keep your stuff safe: At Storage ‘R’ Us, the safety and security of your belongings are our top priority. That’s why we protect our storage facilities with fenced and walled perimeters, gated access, security lighting, and 24-hour digital video surveillance. But all the security in the world can’t protect against everything, and natural disasters can strike without warning, so it’s also a good idea to pick up some insurance to help protect your possessions while they’re in storage.
Whether you’re in the neighborhood as part of a permanent change of station, or whether your stay in the Lawton area is temporary, military self-storage in Lawton can be a lifesaver to busy military families just like yours. Whether you need a small storage unit to keep just a few unused items, or you’re looking for auto storage, RV storage, or boat storage, we’ve got all the solutions to your military self-storage needs here at Storage ‘R’ Us!