Renting and Managing Self Storage Units During a Stay-at-Home Order
Storage ‘R’ Us has been designated an essential business, so we’re still working to help keep your belongings safe and secure during these unprecedented times. While you can still access your storage unit whenever you need to, all of our self storage offices in Lawton, Moore, Duncan, Chickasha, Norman, and Newcastle will be closed to customers until after the “safer at home” order is lifted.
Until our offices reopen, we’ll be taping lines at 6-foot intervals inside our offices and retail stores, installing plexiguards at registers, adding hand sanitizer stations, and fitting our employees with protective wear so that we can stay safe and help keep you safe.
Here at Storage ‘R’ Us, we’re committed to the safety of our customers and the safety of your belongings. We are still protecting your belongings using security features such as gated access, fenced and walled perimeters, 24/7 monitoring, and more. During this time of social distancing, we’re doing everything we can to help keep you safe, too, which is why our offices won’t be open until after the “safer at home” order is lifted.
In the meantime, here are some things that you can do to stay safe when accessing your stuff in Lawton self storage or when renting a new storage unit.
1. As you know, “safer at home” means just that, so it’s a good idea to visit your self storage unit only when it’s necessary and keep trips out to a minimum.
2. The CDC has issued helpful guidelines about what sort of personal protective equipment you should wear when going out.
3. If you want to rent a new unit or pay your bill, you can do so online or over the phone. Once you’ve completed your paperwork online (or printed it out and mailed it in), we’ll send you an access code, and you can go straight to your new unit!
4. If you have any questions or concerns while you’re on site, you can call or text the posted number to reach one of our self storage specialists!
5. Planning to move out? We understand, but we’d appreciate it if you’d let us know. Just give us a call or drop us an email and let us know when your last day will be!
We know that these are difficult times for everyone. If you’re experiencing a hardship and believe that you may have difficulty paying your rent for a month, please contact the manager to ask what payment options may be available. At Storage ‘R’ Us, we want to help keep you and your belongings safe and sound until the need for social distancing is passed and well after. We’ll do all we can to work with you.
Whether you’re taking the time to do some spring cleaning, need to make some space for your home office, or just want to de-clutter or find a place for those holiday decorations that have been taking up space in the garage, Storage ‘R’ Us is here to help! We’ve been offering self storage in Lawton since 1972, and we’re always here to answer your questions and provide you with the very best self storage solutions around!