Moving can be a stressful time, whether you’re just moving down the block or across the country; whether you’re moving for work, school, family, or as part of the military. If you’ve got a move coming up, then chances are you’ve already read dozens of blogs giving you advice on what to pack, how to pack, and what not to forget. So we’re going to do something a little bit different.
If you’re preparing for a move, you’ve already got a lot on your mind. Maybe you’re worrying about what the schools are like where you’re headed, or maybe you’re trying to remember to pick up everything you need for the trip, or maybe you’re considering auto storage in Lawton while you make the transition. Whatever the case, you don’t need more on your mind, so here are a few of the best apps and sites that can help take some of the pressure off:
- Evernote: Not designed exclusively for moving or storage, Evernote and other popular list-making apps can still offer great functionality for creating inventories, snapping pictures of items, and sharing everything with anybody who needs access.
- MoveMatch/Moving Day: Whether you’re using an Android phone or iOS, there are plenty of great moving apps out there, including MoveMatch (Android) and Moving Day (iOS). These can help you manage your move from start to finish. Some even allow you to print barcodes that you can slap on your boxes to keep them organized.
- Waze: There are a lot of mapping apps that can help you get where you’re going. Waze uses crowd-sourced data to deliver real-time traffic information that can help you out of a jam (no pun intended), especially if you’re traveling through any big cities.
- Inventory Tracker: There are also a handful of good apps designed exclusively for inventory tracking and even self-storage organization, including the SmartStop Inventory Tracker and Let’s Storage.
- Buying and Selling Your Home: If you haven’t already found where you’re going to be living, or if you still need to sell your old home, there are loads of websites out there that can help, many of which also offer mobile apps. Try Trulia or Zillow, or check out Homes.com or Realtor.com. If you’re just looking to rent for a while, you can always hit Apartments.com or Rent.com or check out PadMapper.com, also available in a handy app for both iOS and Android.
Wherever you’re moving and for whatever purpose, self-storage can really be a lifesaver. Whether it’s staging things to help sell your home, storing stuff that you don’t have room for in the new place, auto storage, boat storage, or anything else you can imagine, self-storage can keep your belongings safe, sound, and easy-to-access throughout the chaos of a move. So no matter what apps you end up using to help ease your move this summer, there are two important websites to remember: Storage-R-Us.net and our handy storage calculator, which can help you figure out just how much space all your stuff will take up. And don’t forget that we also offer boat, RV, and auto storage in Lawton, too!